Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl said on Monday that he expected midfielder Jude Bellingham to remain in the side but confirmed there would be no further talks with the youngster.
Speaking to the German tabloid Bild, Kehl revealed Dortmund applications for central England have not yet been received.
“Jude feels very comfortable at Borussia Dortmund, but there are no new discussions, not requests for him.
“We need Jude to achieve our goals this season and we are happy that he is very focused on football and there is no other problem on his mind at the moment.”
Bellingham, who captained the team in their 1-0 win over Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday, continues to feature at Dortmund and is rumored to be attracting interest from a number of clubs. Europe’s largest.
Kehl, who previously said he knew it would be difficult to keep Bellingham, said he hoped the youngster would stay at Dortmund for a long time.
“Yuta has two years on his contract (until summer 2025) and he is a very important part of this team. Yes, I want to play with Dortmund for a long time.”
Dortmund have won eight out of eight in all competitions in 2023, level on the Bundesliga table with Bayern Munich and Union Berlin on Sunday.
Kehl told Bild that talks are ongoing about contract extensions with assistant captains Mats Hummels and Marco Reus, as well as midfielder Julian Brandt.
However, Kehl said, the contract of midfielder Mo Dahoud, which is currently in its last six months, will not be extended.
“I had an open and honest discussion with Mo last week, I told him that we will not be extending his contract in the summer.”
Leave a Reply