Ford Motor Co (FN) is recalling more than 3.3 million vehicles in North America that may be drivable due to a damaged or missing part that may prevent the vehicle from moving as expected.
In a filing with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Ford said Wednesday the recall covers the 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect and 2015-2018 Edge cars, the agency said in a statement on Wednesday.
The recall covers only 2.9 million US vehicles and 394,000 in Canada.
A faulty shift cable can prevent the vehicle from going where it is supposed to, or the vehicle from moving after the driver chooses to. drive the ‘Park’ position.
Ford said it was aware of six reports of alleged property damage and four reports of injuries that may be related to the recalled vehicles.
Also read: Ford invests $3.7 billion
This is Ford’s fifth recall on the issue since 2018, the agency said. Ford previously recalled about 1.4 million vehicles worldwide during the first cable recall.
Ford declined to say how many vehicles worldwide are part of the latest recall.
After a recall in April related to the same issue, Ford continued to hold discussions with NHTSA over field reports related to vehicles that were not included in the previous recalls.
“Although claims and accident rates remain low, Ford recommends restoring safety for the remaining vehicles in North America” with the use of special wiring.
Ford says that from April 2015 to March 2022, it identified 1,630 confirmed reports and 233 additional reports related to this concern.
To solve the issue, the seller will replace the bottom of the cap and add a protective cap. The new parts will be produced from a different class material.
On Tuesday, the No. 2 U.S. automaker said it was recalling about 49,000 Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles because of a component that could overheat and cause a loss of traction.
The car company will update the software to solve the problem. Ford said since July, it has received 286 warrants in North America related to the recall.
On Wednesday, Ford recalled 53,103 four-door 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles because the rear passenger door can be opened from inside the vehicle when the lock is in the “ON” position. for children.
Buyers will inspect the lock and latch for child safety, and replace if necessary. Ford said it was not aware of any accidents or injuries related to the Bronco or Mach-E recalls.
Ford leads all automakers in the United States this year, with 38 recalls covering 6.6 million vehicles.
Leave a Reply